Lockheed Martin – MS Mechanical Engineering
Apply for Pre-Qualification
Academic Program Coordinator
This customized Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering program is targeted to meet the business needs of Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company. The program’s objective is to equip students with the latest engineering methodologies and tools related to mechanical design.
The scope of the program includes:
- applied stress analysis
- computer-aided mechanical engineering design
- vibration of mechanical systems
- finite element methods
- automatic control engineering
For the convenience of working students, the program offers one course at a time. Classes are taught by both SJSU faculty and senior engineers from Lockheed Martin to closely mesh engineering theory with Lockheed Martin business needs.
MSME Program Education Objectives
- A strong engineering foundation beyond the undergraduate level in chosen focus area, as well as in mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals, to successfully compete for technical engineering positions in the local, national and global engineering market, to advance current career or to pursue doctoral studies.
- Professional and lifelong learning skills to be able to apply and extend theory to solve practical contemporary engineering problems.
- The necessary expertise to design mechanical engineering systems with possible specializations in: Energy Systems, Electronics Cooling, Electronics Packaging & Reliability, Finite Element Analysis & CAD, Mechatronics & MEMS, Product Design, Robotics, Automation & Manufacturing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to and comprehend technical documents.
- Ability to think and work independently to design, analyze and solve open-ended mechanical engineering problems.
Corporate Programs Requirement: You must be a current employee of the host company to enroll.
Applying for admission to an off-campus cohort at San Jose State University is not a guarantee that the program will occur. Cohorts must meet minimum enrollment standards in order to take place. Please be aware that in the event a cohort does not launch due to low enrollment, any and all associated application fees cannot be refunded.