Summer Semester (Prior to starting program)
- EDTE 190: Health Education for Teachers (3 units)
- EDSE 192A: Including and Supporting Students (3 units)
NOTE: EDTE 190 and EDSE 192A may be taken anytime during the course of the 2 year MA program, however, it must be completed before applying for the Preliminary Multiple Subject Credential. Students may choose to complete them the summer (if offered) prior to starting the CRA program. Students are responsible for completing these two courses and may schedule to take them any time within the 2 year program. Summer Financial Aid is not available for SJSU students who apply for Fall admissions.
Fall Semester (18 units)
- EDEL 108A: Seminar in Curriculum: Reading/Language Arts-PART ONE (3 units)
- EDEL 108B: Seminar in Curriculum: Science (3 units)
- EDTE 244*: Seminar in Curriculum (3 units)
- EDTE 208*: Sociology of Education (3 units) NOTE: Substitute for EDEL 103.
- EDTE 262*: Classroom Issues in Language and Literacy Development of L2 Learners (3 units) NOTE: Substitute for EDTE 162.
Spring Semester (14 units)
- EDEL 108A: Seminar in Curriculum: Reading/Language Arts-PART TWO (3 units)
- EDEL 108C: Seminar in Curriculum: Social Science (3 units)
- EDEL 143A: Orientation to Student Teaching (5 units)
- EDTE 260*: Critical Perspectives on Schooling in a Pluralist Society (3 units) NOTE: Substitute for EDTE 246.
Summer Semester (6 units)
- EDEL 102: Educational Psychology (3 units)
- EDEL 108D: Seminar in Crriculum: Math (3 units)
- EDTE 201*: Critical Issues in Education (3 units)
Fall Semester (19 units)
- EDEL 143B: Student Teaching (10 units)
- EDTE 250*: Qualitative Research (3 units)
- EDTE 281*: Philosophy of Education (3 units)
Spring Semester (6 units)
- EDTE 261*: Critical Studies in Language, Culture and Narrative (3 units)
- EDTE 214*: Learning in a Hi-Tech Environment (3 units) NOTE: This course satifies the Level I Technology Requirement.
- EDTE 298*: MA Project (3 units)
*These courses will count towards the 30 units required for the Masters Degree.