- A minimum 3.0 overall grade point average
- Eligible for graduate admission at San Jose State University
- A valid teaching credential
- Regular access to children in a classroom
- Prerequisite coursework is required in the following three areas:
- Second Language Acquisition (e.g., EDTE 162 or EDTE 262)
- Socio-Cultural Foundations of Education (e.g., EDEL 103, EDTE 208)
- Introduction to Literacy Instruction (e.g., EDEL 108A)
- Additional Requirements for International Students (International Students may have earlier University document deadlines).
An interview/orientation will be scheduled after an initial evaluation of the application materials.
NOTE: GRE is not a requirement