Reading and Language Arts Specialist Credential
The Reading/Language Arts Specialist Credential authorizes the holder to provide the following services as a reading specialist in any grade level in grades K-12, or in classes organized for adults:
- Assist and support the classroom teacher in reading instruction and teaching strategies.
- Select and adapt reading instruction materials.
- Plan and conduct reading staff development.
- Assess student progress and monitor student achievement in reading.
- Provide direct reading intervention work with students.
- Develop and coordinate reading programs at the school, district, or county level.
Suggested Course Sequence for Candidates:
|Fall||EDTE 210: Becoming a Reader at Any Age||3|
|EDTE 211: Academic Language||3|
|Spring||EDTE 212: Leadership in Literacy||3|
|EDTE 292: Writing Across Curriculum and Cultures||3|
|Summer||EDTE 290C: Qualitative Research Methods||3|
|Fall||EDTE 216: Ongoing Assessment in Your Classroom||3|
|Spring||EDTE 217: Ongoing Assessment in a Clinical Setting||3|
|EDTE 298: Special Studies in Education||3|