- 10-unit, semester long class
- Class schedule is M-F, 8-5pm (generally)
- 5 days at school site, 8 seminars (late afternoon/evening)
- Specific course assignments outlined in Field Experience Guide and addressed by supervisor in seminar.
- 1 placement per semester
Objective: Become familiar with duties/responsibilities of classroom teacher. Plan/teach small groups and whole class, 2 weeks of solo-teaching in assigned Master Teacher's classroom
- Based on availability in accordance with Elementary Education Department's mission to provide student teachers with ethnic, social, linguistic and economic diversity.
- Dependent on SJSU arrangements with school districts and the optimal clustering of student teachers in districts and schools.
- Cannot be placed at a school where a relative works or attends
- Subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control
- Student Teachers currently enrolled in EDEL 143A will receive a 143B Enrollment Form form their 143A university supervisor. The university supervisor will help assist Student Teachers with completing the forms and submit them to the Field Placment Office for processing.
- Student Teachers NOT currently enrolled in EDEL 143A should submit all forms directly to Elementary Education Office in SH 305.
- 143B Enrollment Form
- * CSET (all 3 Multiple Subject sections)
- * Certificate of Clearance or 30-day Substitute Permit
- *Prerequisites: EDTE 162, EDEL 108A and EDEL 143A
*Requirements will be verified via the Elementary Education Office in SH 305 before 143B enrollment is processed.