For non-major advising (frosh and sophomores):
Contact the College of Humanities and the Arts (H&A) Student Success Center in Clark Hall 244, or call (408) 924-5095 for an appointment.
For Summer 2019 major advising for all English majors (except Single Subject Credential program) please make an appointment via Spartan Connect.
How to Set Up an Appointment for Advising
1. Sign in to one.sjsu.edu using the "Sign In" button located in the top right corner.
2. Using the Search Bar at the top, type in "Spartan Connect," and hit Enter.
3. Click on the "Spartan Connect; including advising appts" button.
4. Click on the the blue "Get Assistance" button located in the top right corner.
5. Choose "Advising."
6. Choose "Major Advising."
7. Continue to follow the steps according to your schedule until you reach appointment times.
8. Choose a time that works for you and then click "Next."
9. Continue to the next page to confirm your appointment.
Advising for the English Credential Program (Post-baccalaureate & undergraduate students who already applied for graduation ONLY)
Students must fill out the appropriate advising form(s) before meeting with their advisor.
Go to Advising Forms to download the appropriate form(s).
| Advisor, English & English Preparation for Teaching
Professor Linda Mitchell
Faculty Offices - FOB 117
| Advisor, Professional and Technical Writing & Creative Writing
Professor Mark Thompson
Faculty Offices - FOB 110
| Director, English Credential Program
Dr. Mary Warner
Faculty Offices - FOB 127
| Coordinator, MA Graduate Program
Professor Revathi Krishnaswamy
Faculty Offices - FOB 109
| Director, MFA Creative Writing Program
Professor Alan Soldofsky
Faculty Offices - FOB 106
| Student Contacts
We have over 300 majors in our Department. If you're interested in speaking to some of them, contact the department office at (408) 924-4425.