J.D., Georgetown University
LL.M., George Washington University
Introduction to Environmental Law; Advanced Environmental Law; Politics and the Environment; U.S. Environmental Policy; Transportation and the Environment (for the Mineta Transportation Institute, SJSU)
- Environmental Lawyer with The Trumbull Law Firm, Palo Alto, CA
- Santa Clara County Planning Commission (1976-1980; 1996-2002)
- Santa Clara County Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) (2003-Present)
- Immediate Past President and Board Member, and Environmental Health Chair, of Breathe California of the Bay Area of Santa Clara-San Benito Counties
- Advisory Council to the Bay Area Air Quality Management District (to April 2002)
- Environmental Judge with the Hearing Board of the BAAQMD (2002-Present)
- Endorsement Chair of the California League of Conservation Voters - Santa Clara County (1994-Present)
- Government Affairs Chair of the Pacific Industrial and Business Association (1986-2002)
Terry Trumbull's 38 years of environmental experience includes work with the Department of Interior and the Environmental Protection Agency in Washington, D.C., as well as serving as full time Chair of the California Waste Management Board from 1979-1984. Since 1984, as managing partner of The Trumbull Law Firm in Palo Alto, Trumbull has been an environmental problem solver for than 200 California cities and clients, as well as private sector clients. In early 2003, Trumbull was appointed to the Santa Clara County Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO), the growth management agency for all government in the county. Trumbull was a member of the Santa Clara County Planning Commission for over ten years. In 1999, he was named California county planning commissioner of the year, and chaired the Commission in 1979-1980 and 1998-1999. Trumbull is also currently a member of the Sierra Club's California Political Committee that decides on endorsements for statewide offices and approves endorsements for the 120 state legislative seats. In addition, Trumbull serves as Director of Breathe California of the Bay Area of Santa Clara-San Benito Counties, and as Endorsement Chair of the California League of Conservation Voters - Santa Clara County.
Links for More Information
Trumbull has been on the Board of Breathe California of the Bay Area, since 1993 and is its immediate Past President. The Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD) regulates air pollution in the 9 Bay Area counties with a total population of 8 million people. He is past Land Use Chair of the Santa Clara Basin Watershed Management Initiative (SCBWMI), a cooperative effort of 30 public and private agencies to address water pollution, water supply, protection of habitat and riparian values, and flood control in the South Bay. In 1994, the Pacific Industrial and Business Association (PIBA) named Terry Trumbull as the Outstanding Contributor to Business in the Bay Area. Since its formation in 1994, Terry Trumbull has been the Endorsement Chair of the Santa Clara County chapter of the California League of Conservation Voters (CLCV). The local CLCV endorses and supports non-partisan candidates and ballot measures.