News & Events
- Ada Márquez co-authored and featured in an op-ed through the El Observador. It is entitled The Coyote Valley Linkage to the Latino Community.
- Congratulations to Michael Hobbs for publishing his journal article about improved camera traps for amphibians, reptiles, small mammals, and large invertebrates.
It was also featured in a press release with USGS.
- Watch the video of lecturer Patrick Ferraro's talk entitled Basic Water Management: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. The presentation is part of the College of Engineering's GreenTalk Speaker Series.
- View the photos from the Fall 2015 ENVS 132: Solar Home Design 1st Field Trip.
- View the photos from the 2015 Environmental Studies Department Graduation.
- Assistant Professor Dr. Alexander Gershenson co-authored the article entitled The Effects of Cultivation and Alternative Vineyard Management Practices on Soil Carbon Storage in Diverse Mediterranean Landscapes: A Review of the Literature published in Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems.
- Congratulations to Undergraduate student Monica Banning on winning the Fall 2014 Bay Area Environmental Safety Group Scholarship [PDF] and for winning an award at the CUPA conference for her research project on Environmental
Justice Laws Policies and Hazardous Waste TSDF facilities.
- Congratulations to MS alumna Ariel Rivers on being selected as a member of the Entomological Society of America's (ESA) first class of Science Policy Fellows.
- The front page of Spartan Daily's September 17, 2014 issue [PDF] features Junior student David Mauk's photograph taken during the Ride to School Day event.
- Congratulations to MS student Swarali Bhat on winning the 2014 Association of Environmental Professionals Scholarship.
- San Jose Mercury News article entitled Alviso: 'Charismatic' burrowing owl protected by special habitat features alumni Josh McCluskey and Phil Higgins, as well as Professor and Acting Associate Dean of the College of Social Sciences
Dr. Lynne Trulio.
- Lecturer Dr. Jeanine Pfeiffer co-authored the article entitled Interactive Learning about Biocultural Diversity: University Students Engage Tribes
[PDF] published in the international journal Langscape, Volume 3, Issue 1.
- Congratulations to Environmental Studies' Center for Development of Recycling for winning the Outstanding Waste Prevention Award, and MS alumna Michelle Young with the City of San Jose, for winning the Dave Hardy Leadership in Organics Award
at the CRRA’s 38th Annual Conference and Tradeshow in San Jose on August 5, 2014.
Many Environmental Studies/CDR graduates were in attendance, displaying great achievements
as session speakers and organizers at the four-day event.
- View the photos from the 2014 Environmental Studies Department Graduation.