“One of the main attributes of the program is its people, students and faculty. The collaborative spirit of most involved were a source of inspiration for me.”
— Vagelis Vassos, Graduate Student (2011)
Bachelor of Science Degree
The Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Studies is designed to prepare students for career opportunities in water resource management, biological resource protection, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, environmental health and safety, environmental impact assessment, environmental restoration, and wilderness, park, and open space resource management.
Students also have the possibility of selecting specialized concentrations: energy, environmental impact assessment, or environmental restoration and resource management.
Bachelor of Arts Degree
The Bachelor of Arts degree is designed to prepare students for career opportunities in environmental resource management, environmental communications, environmental design, environmental regulation and policy, integrated waste management, human ecology, government agencies, non-governmental organizations, environmental planning and environmental advocacy.
Bachelor of Arts Degree, Preparation for Teaching
This major is designed for students interested in teaching in elementary school or middle school. Students who wish to pursue a high school teaching career should complete a BA or BS in Environmental Studies in consultation with the advisor. See "How to Become a Teacher in California" for information on application and admission to credential programs.
- BA in Environmental Studies, Preparation for Teaching
- BA in Enviornmenal Studies, Preparation for Teaching Road Map
Minor in Environmental Studies
- Minor in Environmental Studies
- Minor in Sustainable Energy
- Minor in Sustainable Water Resources
- Minor in Environmental Impact Assessment
- Minor in Environmental Restoration
- Minor in Park Ranger and Administration
- Minor in Climate Change Strategies
- Minor in Green Engineering
- Minor in Environmental Justice
- Minor in Recreation and Nature
Join the online communities for current and alumni undergraduate Environmental Studies students at San José State University: