Financial Aid FAQs
Note: These questions are intended for people who are already enrolled into the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) at San Jose State University (SJSU). If you are wondering about Financial Aid and Scholarships, please click on SJSU Financial Aid and Scholarship Office for more details.
Click on the following questions below and it will direct you towards the answer.
- Is applying to EOP the same as filing the FAFSA?
- How do I qualify for the EOP Grant?
- Do I need to reapply for financial aid every year?
- Does EOP at SJSU offer book vouchers or daycare assistance?
A: No. The two filing process are different. Students filing the FAFSA must submit any required documents to the Financial Aid Office in order to verify EOP eligibility and be considered for any financial aid (grants, work-study and loans).
A: The EOP grant is awarded based on full time enrollment (12 units) each semester at SJSU, EFC (expected family contribution cannot exceed $1,500), total amount of funding available and the date that the all of student's required forms have been submitted to the Financial Aid Office.
- The EOP grant is a maximum of $1,500 per academic year. Amount awarded is based on funding availability.
- If you have not received the EOP grant, please contact the Financial Aid Office directly at 408.273.7500 for more information.
- If you do not receive the EOP grant, you may be eligible to receive other types of aid; grants, scholarships and loans. Actual aid awarded to students is determined by your need demonstrated on the FAFSA application you filled out prior to the deadline.
A: Yes. The FAFSA application period opens on January 1st of every year and the priority deadline closes on March 2nd the same year. The earlier you submit your FAFSA form and the sooner you submit all requested documentation to the Financial Aid Office at San Jose State University, the sooner you will receive an award letter.
A: No. Unfortunately at this time, San Jose State University Educational Opportunity Program cannot offer these services to students.