What is GradesFirst?GradesFirst is an early alert student advising system used by EOP to assist students academically.
- Online advising appointment scheduling
- Online requests for tutoring in a variety of subjects
- Enhanced early alert; Progress Report generation and tracking
- A communication center for e-mail and text messaging
- Track student attendance and workshops and events
Forgot your password? Click the "GF forgot password link." Your username is your email address. This is the quickest way for you to reset your password.
If you receive any error message (eg. user not found, login not allowed, etc...),
please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "GradesFirst Issue" in the subject line. Include the following:
- Indicate if you need your username, password or both items
- Your FULL name
- Your SJSU ID
- The Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) at SJSU is committed to the academic success of our students. Every semester, (typically in mid October and late March) as part of ongoing academic support for EOP students, we send a mid semester progress report request to all faculty identified as the instructor of a course with enrolled EOP students.
- Please know that SJSU EOP students sign an EOP Student Agreement that authorizes their instructors to release mid semester grades and other pertinent academic information to EOP, including submission of Progress Reports via GradesFirst.
- This program is FERPA protected, approved by the SJSU Registrar’s Office and meet data safety and security requirements.
- SJSU faculty do not need to create a GradesFirst account in order to be able to submit EOP Student Progress Reports. You will be emailed a secure link in which to submit your Progress Reports.
- If you have questions regarding progress reports and submission of those progress reports, please email EOP Academic Advisor Anna.Wisholek@sjsu.edu