Questions? Please contact:
The Guardian Scholars Program (GSP) provides holistic support services for former and current foster youth, wards of the court, unaccompanied homeless youth, and youth under legal guardianship. GSP is designed for students under the age of 27. The program assists students in navigating the San Jose State University (SJSU) system through access to key campus, community, and financial resources, such as: book vouchers, locating year-round housing, and scholarships.
The Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) serves as the main academic resource for Guardian Scholars at SJSU, offering ongoing services, which include: academic advising, workshops, tutoring, mentoring, and tools that prepare students beyond a college degree.
- Priority registration*
- Skill building, which includes time management, setting priorities, study skills, and stress management strategies
- Develop a system of accountability around identifying and achieving goals
- Guidance in identifying resources and how to apply them
- Develop critical thinking and decision making skills to understand the impact of choices
- Provide opportunities to build relationships with other students in the Guardian Scholars Program
- Assistance in locating on campus, year-round housing
- Housing planning during academic breaks and transitional periods
- Access to scholarship opportunities specifically for students in the Guardian Scholars Program
- Provide book vouchers for textbooks and academic supplies
- Access to emergency funding for unexpected needs
*Priority registration and housing are available to all San Jose State students who are foster youth, wards of the court, unaccompanied homeless youth.