Academic Coaching for Educational Success
The Academic Coaching for Educational Success (ACES) Program strives to provide students with the necessary skills and tools to excel throughout their academic experience at SJSU.
ACES Coaches work to provide a rewarding experience that promotes the assets necessary
to succeed in college—such as goal setting, organizational skills, note taking, study
skills, time management, finding motivation, etc. Through mentorship and the sharing
of resources, ACES Coaches provide a source of support and accountability for students
as they pursue their baccalaureate degree.
- Identify issues participants are having, which in turn cause low/bad grades in classes
- Make participants aware of SJSU and EOP resources available to help them with their academics
- Provide participants with a reliable source of information regarding SJSU academic policies
- Provide participants with skills and tools to have greater success in the classroom/academic settings
- Create a detailed plan for GPA improvement
Note: Students placed into the program must attend all required meetings and events to avoid being placed on EOP probation.