Apply to EOP
The Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) is designed for undergraduate students that meet all of the following criteria:
1. Considered California residents or AB540 students.
2. Have a history of low-income (as determined by the FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application, EFC under $1500. EFC between $1501-3500 will only be considered if there is space available in the program).
3. From an educationally disadvantaged background. Students must be the first generation of their family to earn a four year college degree.
-- The students' parents cannot have earned a Bachelor's degree in any country.
SJSU EOP [PDF]
SJSU GSP [PDF]
1. How to Apply to EOP for Fall 2020 *:
- Apply for SJSU admission by the deadline via Calstate Apply
- The SJSU Fall admission deadline is November 30
- The EOP Fall application final deadline is November 30 (applications after this date will not be considered). The EOP Application is SEPARATE from the SJSU admission application.
- To be fair and equitable to all students, we do not accept late or incomplete applications.
- Students who are not accepted to EOP at the start of their CSU/SJSU undergraduate career are not eligible to apply for EOP at a later date/semester.
- RETURNING SJSU EOP STUDENTS OR CSU EOP TRANSFERS:
* An EOP application is NOT required for EOP at SJSU for Fall 2020 only IF you meet one of the following criteria and you must notify us in writing by 01/31/2020 to email@example.com:
- IF YOU ARE A TRANSFER FROM A CSU EOP, (YOU WERE AN EOP STUDENT AT A PRIOR CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY), EMAIL US FOR EOP VERIFICATION
- IF YOU ARE A RETURNING SJSU EOP STUDENT, EMAIL US FOR EOP RE-CERTIFICATION
2. Recommendation Forms:
- Fall admission applicants to EOP must have two (2) recommendation forms submitted online via Cal State Apply by January 31. No late submissions for any reason.
- Due to the volume of applicants, EOP can not individually check the status of your application/form.
- All recommendations must be submitted online VIA CAL STATE APPLY ONLY.
- No paper letters/forms will be accepted.
3. FAFSA and CA Dream Act Application:
- Fall admission applicants to EOP must have the FAFSA or CA Dream Act application complete and submitted to SJSU by EOP deadline of January 31
HOW TO APPLY TO EOP FOR SPRING 2020:
EOP at SJSU does not offer spring acceptance into the program. Returning SJSU EOP students should email us for recertification.
I'VE APPLIED, NOW WHAT?
Continually check CalState Apply to keep track of your recommendation forms.
- EOP Acceptance decisions will be sent out in late March/early April.
- Stop by EOP on Admitted Spartan Day in April.
- Make sure to follow all the necessary steps required by university admissions.
- Accepted students in EOP are required to attend First Contact
Note: The EOP First Contact program is mandatory and does NOT take the place of university Orientation. More information will be sent out at the time of your acceptance to EOP.