Apply to EOP
Email us! email@example.com
EOP is designed for undergraduate students that are considered California residents or AB540 students with a history of low-income (as determined by the FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application) and from an educationally disadvantaged background.
Students must be the first generation of their family to earn a four year college degree. The students' parents cannot have earned a Bachelor's degree in any country. Income criteria is calculated by the CSU and is posted on the income criteria page.
** EOP IS NOT ACCEPTING ANY APPLICATIONS FOR SPRING 2019 **
How to apply to EOP
Apply for SJSU admission before the deadline via Calstate Apply
- The SJSU Fall admission deadline is November 30
- When you apply for SJSU admission, the EOP application questions are embedded into the application.
- The EOP Fall application deadline is January 15. However you are strongly recommended to apply by November 30! From 12/1 - 1/15 - you will need to contact CalState Apply directly for them to open up the EOP application for you.
- You must have two (2) recommendation forms submitted on your behalf to complete your EOP application.
- All applicants should select to email their recommendor the link to the recommendation form.
- The EOP application will then send electronic requests for recommendations to two individuals that you submit.
- You will be able to view on CSU Mentor if your recommendor has submitted the form on your behalf.
- Due to the volume of applicants, EOP can not individually check the status of your application/form.
- All recommendations must be on the official "2018-2019 Recommendation Form".
- Recommendations on letter head and in letter format will not be accepted.
- Fall admission applicants to EOP must have two (2) recommendation forms submitted by January 31
FAFSA and CA Dream Act Applications
- Fall admission applicants to EOP must have the FAFSA or CA Dream Act application complete and submitted to SJSU by EOP deadline of January 31
To be fair and equitable to all students, we do not accept late or incomplete applications. Students who are not accepted to EOP at the start of their CSU/SJSU undergraduate career are not eligible to apply for EOP at a later date/semester.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I've applied-Now what?
- You will be contacted via MySJSU regarding your EOP status in January for any missing documents. Acceptance decisions will be sent out in early April for fall acceptance and late November for spring acceptance.
- Make sure to follow all the necessary steps required by university admissions.
- Accepted students in EOP are required to attend First Contact(First Contact is a mandatory event).
Note: The EOP First Contact program does NOT take the place of university Orientation.