Apply to Guardian Scholars
For specific information about Guardian Scholars, please contact:
Crystal M. Cooper
- Highly motivated students who have recently emancipated from foster care or are orphaned and certified homeless by the Financial Aid Office
- Incoming freshmen or transfer students who meet SJSU's eligibility criteria for admission (Calstate Apply)
- Admitted to the SJSU Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
- Complete the SJSU EOP Guardian Scholars Supplemental Application by the deadline of May 1
- Considered "Independent" under federal financial aid guidelines
- California Resident
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Under the age of 27
- FAFSA financial aid application completed by the required filing date (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Apply to SJSU when using Calstate Apply.
- EOP will e-mail you the SJSU Guardian Scholar Application in April.
- Priority deadline for returning the SJSU Guardian Scholar application with foster youth documentation is May 1.
- Once the Guardian Scholars Application is completed, you will be provided with information on scholarship opportunities.
- Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ by March 2.