Apply to Guardian Scholars
For specific information about Guardian Scholars, please contact:
- Highly motivated students planning to apply to SJSU who are in foster care, have recently emancipated from foster care, or are certified homeless by the Financial Aid Office (considered "independent" under financial aid guidelines).
- Admitted to the SJSU Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- California Resident
- Apply to SJSU when using Calstate Apply.
- EOP will e-mail you the SJSU Guardian Scholar Application in April.
- Priority deadline for returning the SJSU Guardian Scholar application with foster youth documentation is May 1.
- Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ by March 2.
You will be contacted to make an appointment with the program director.