Apply to Guardian Scholars
- Admitted to SJSU and to the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)*.
- Under the age of 27 at time of acceptance to the EOP program.
- Highly motivated students planning to apply to SJSU who are in foster care, wards of the court, were under legal guardianship, have recently emancipated from foster care, or minors that are certified homeless by the Financial Aid Office.
- US Citizen or permanent resident.
- California Resident.
- Apply to SJSU and the Educational Opportunity Program when using Calstate Apply.
- Students must complete the FAFSA online by January 31 (as part of the EOP application process).
- Students must be admitted to EOP prior to applying to GSP.
- Students accepted to EOP will be invited to apply to GSP.
- The GSP APPLICATION for Fall 2020 is currently closed.
- The Fall 2020 Guardian Scholars Program (GSP) Application will open May 1, 2020. Only students accepted to the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) will be invited to apply to GSP.
- All documentation for Fall 2020 applicants (essay and verification) is due July 15, 2020 and should be emailed in PDF format to email@example.com.
The Guardian Scholars Program only accepts applications from new SJSU EOP students at the time of university admission.
* EOP APPLICATION PROCESS:
EOP applications are due by November 30 for a Fall term.
- Recommendation forms & FAFSA/CADA submitted to SJSU are due January 31
EOP applications are not accepted for any Spring term.
Please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
GSP Brochure [PDF]