Beyond the Degree (BTD) Track
Not having a plan for after graduation will result in having less options, less money, more stress, and more problems. This track assists students in developing a customized plan for success beyond the degree.
Communication, both written and verbal, is the #1 skill employers look for. Regardless of your level of writing, learn ways to enhance, develop, and improve your writing skills. This lifelong process requires on-going practice that will increase your skill base and earning potential.
Academic Success Track
Success takes action. What will you do to be successful? This track provides you with opportunities to build and enhance your skill set for academic, personal, and professional growth.
Part 1 – Spring 2014 EOP Workshop Requirements
- Attend and participate in a total of three (3) EOP workshops, one from each track. This is the minimum requirement, but please attend as many as you feel are beneficial for you.
- Complete at minimum two (2) in-person EOP workshops and one (1) online Spartan Success workshop by no later than Sunday, April 13, 2014. You may choose which workshops you will complete in-person and which you will complete online.
- Each student will complete one (1) workshop in each of the following tracks: Beyond the Degree, Writing and Academic Success.
Part 2 – Spring 2014 EOP Workshop Survey Requirements
- In order to receive credit for all three (3) EOP workshop requirements, the Spring 2014 EOP Workshop Survey is required and due the same week you complete an in-person/online workshop.
- The in-person & online workshop survey must be completed by Sunday the same week you complete the workshop.
- The Spring 2014 EOP Workshop Survey will close for the semester on Sunday, April 13, 2014.
* Please refer to your plan requirements for detailed information
- The Spartan Success series offers a variety of workshops aimed to help you gain the skills to succeed at SJSU. All workshops are confidential, informational and available 24/7.
- Select the workshop you want to complete – ensure that it falls under a different EOP Track from your in-person workshops.
- STOP. Please read this section carefully: The survey at the end of the online workshop through Spartan Success is independent of the EOP Survey. Submitting the Spartan Success survey does not fulfill the Part 2 requirement.
- The Spring 2014 EOP Workshop Survey is the only survey that EOP will be using to determine completion and credit for completing an in-person and online workshop.
The following online Spartan Success workshops fall under these EOP tracks:
Beyond the Degree Track:
|Exploring Careers & Choosing A Major||Maximizing Your College Experience|
|Mastering The Job Interview||Writing Effective Resumes & Cover Letters|
|Developing A Strong Thesis Statement||Reading Comprehension Strategies|
|Drafting Introductions, Body Paragraphs & Conclusions||The Revision Process: How To Proofread & Edit Your Writing|
|Pre-Writing Techniques: Planning & Idea Development||Understanding & Avoiding Plagiarism|
Academic Success Track:
|Discover Your Learning Style||How To Reduce Test Anxiety||Online Courses: Staying Motivated & Disciplined||Taking Tests Online: Strategies For Success|
|Effectively Communicating Online||Improving Student-Faculty Relationships||Overcoming Procrastination: Causes & Cures||Time Management: Strategies for Success|
|Exam Preparation Tips & Test Taking Strategies||Learning Strategies Every Student Should Know||Stress Management Techniques||What It Takes To Be A Successful Student|
|Financial Literacy: Smart Money Skills For College & Beyond||Navigating The Financial Aid Process||Study Tips & Note Taking Strategies||10 Tips for Success In Your Online Course|
Spring 2014 EOP Workshop Survey