WIRELESS COMMUNICATION AND NETWORKING (WCNG) GROUP AT SJSU
Xiaowen Liu – Post-doctoral Visiting Researcher since Fall 2010
Yuanyuan Quan - Master Thesis Student (Cooperative Symbol-Based Signaling for Networks with Multiple Relays)
Bhargava Yammanuru - Master Thesis Student (Design and Analysis of Multistage Cooperative Broadcast using AF Relays)
- Cooperation for Large-scale Networks
- Spectrum sensing in Cognitive Radios
- Distributed Estimation for Sensor Networks
- Optimization of Fast-ICA for FECG Signal Extraction in Twin Pregnancies – Joint work with Prof. Keralapura.
- Development of Wireless Communications Laboratory (under SJSU College of Engineering (CoE) Laboratory Refresh Program)
` GNU Radio and USRP Boards
Wireless Laboratory Manual
Recent Publications (Please see Publications for full list)
· Y. Quan, B. Sirkeci-Mergen, A. Singh, “Distributed Space-time Codes with Preprocessing over Multiple Stages of Relays”, Proceedings of International Conference for Future Challenges in Wireless Communications, Optical Communications and Networks, Nov 27-29, 2010, Chandigarh, India.
· X. Liu, B. Sirkeci-Mergen, “Group-Orthogonal MAC for Cooperative Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Radios”, Proceedings of Milcom 2010, San Jose, CA.
· B. Yammanuru, B. Sirkeci-Mergen, “Multistage Cooperative Broadcast Using Amplify-and-Forward Relays”, Proceedings of Milcom 2010, San Jose, CA.
· M. Sirdhar-Keralapura,M. Pourfathi, B. Sirkeci-Mergen “Independent component analysis with data-centric contrast functions for separating maternal and twin fetal ECG”, accepted to be published in the proceedings of WCECS 2010 International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Applications 2010 in San Francisco, USA.
· B. Sirkeci-Mergen, V. Sawant, R.H. Morelos-Zaragoza, ``A trade-off analysis of energy detectors and partitioned search for primary detection,” 18th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCN), 2009.
· Tarun Varada Rao, Transmitter Implementation of Randomized Alamouti Scheme, Master’s Project, Dec. 2010.
· Vasantha Madhavan Sriranjani, Receiver Implementation of Randomized Alamouti Scheme, Master’s Project, Dec. 2010.
· Somya Ajmera, Blind Channel Estimation using Fourth Order Cumulant for Space Time Codes, Master’s Project, July 2010.
· Tushar Patel, Implementation of Stereo FM Receiver using GNU Radio and USRP Boards, Master’s Project, May 2010.
· Danny Nyguen, Adaptive modulation for cooperative systems using multiple relays, Master’s Project, May 2010.
· Wenyen Chang, Optimal Subcarrier, Rate and Power Allocation for Cognitive Radios using an OFDM Scheme, Master’s Project, May 2010.
· Tzean Shen, The Effect of Channel Estimation Error on Fischer-Huber Adaptive Bit Loading Algorithm For OFDM, Master’s Project, May 2010.
· Eswar Thota, Trade-off analysis for spectrum sensing methods in cognitive radios using energy detectors, Master’s Project, Dec 2009.
· Vishal Sawant, Analysis of cooperative design for primary detection in cognitive radios, Master’s Project, Dec. 2009.