Resources: Archival Sources
- British Library
- The Althorp, Lamb, and Melbourne Papers of the British Library, in
Additional Manuscripts (Add. MS).
- Castle Howard MSS
- Letters of Lady Caroline Lamb to her cousin, the 6th Countess of
Carlisle, held in the archives of Castle Howard, Yorkshire.
- Devonshire Manuscripts
- Letters and other papers of the 5th and 6th Dukes of Devonshire held
in the archive at Chatsworth, Derbyshire.
- Hertfordshire Archives
- Papers of the Lamb [Melbourne] family held in the Hertfordshire Archives
and Local Studies Office, County Hall, Hertfordshire.
- John Murray Archive
- Letters and other papers of Lady Caroline Lamb, Lord and Lady Byron,
and John Murray, held in the John Murray Archive in London.
- New York Public Library
- The Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle, the
New York Public Library, Astor, Lenox and Tilden Foundations.
- Oxford University
- Abinger Collection and Papers of the Lovelace/Byron family on deposit
with the Bodleian Library of Oxford University.
- University of Virginia
- Washington Irving Collection, Clifton Waller Barrett Library, Special
Collections, University of Virginia Library.
- Victoria and Albert Museum
- Letters of Lady Caroline Lamb in the Victoria and Albert Museum Forster
Collection MSS vol. 28 (Pressmark 48.E.22).
- Yale University
- The Osborne collection of Yale University’s Special Collections.