The Untenured Faculty Organization (UFO) has been established
as a faculty-based organization dedicated to providing voice and
support to the untenured, probationary faculty at San Jose
Among its goals are the following:
- To support the probationary faculty by developing and implementing programs and activities
to support faculty in the scholarship, teaching, professional, service, and collegial
- To promote positive communications between the untenured faculty and the various units
of Academic Affairs
- To provide increased opportunities for probationary faculty to develop their leadership
skills and service activities
- To create a collegial social support network and foster personal friendships and a
sense of community among the probationary faculty
- To provide a safe and confidential forum for open dialogue, discussion, and conversation
among its members
Look for announcements about upcoming events and activities sponsored by the UFO.
All probationary faculty are welcome!