Apply for FAFSA or CA Dream Act!
The priority filing date is March 2.
It's not too late to apply for Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 financial aid...and NEW this year is the early application process for Fall 2017 - Spring 2018. The 2017-2018 FAFSA and CA Dream Act Application became available on October 1, 2016.
Students are encouraged to file the FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application by the priority filing date (March 2). The applications can be submitted after the priority filling date, however funding may be limited.
- Complete the appropriate application corresponding to the academic year of attendance.
- An estimated income may be entered if federal taxes have not been completed by the priority filing date.
- When completing the FAFSA, use your legal name as it appears on your social security card.
New Applicants (Students who have never completed a FAFSA or a CA Dream Act Application)
- FAFSA - Obtain a U.S. Department of Education FSA ID. This FSA ID will serve as your electronic signature when completing your online FAFSA. The FSA ID will also be used to access NSLDS, StudentLoans.gov, StudentAid.gov, and the TEACH grant websites.
- Go to FAFSA to complete the application on-line
- Or download and complete a paper version of the FAFSA.
- CA Dream Act Applicants - Obtain a State PIN from the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC)
Renewal Applicants (Students who have previously completed FAFSA)
- If you lost or forgot your FSA ID/CA Dream Act PIN and/or password, there are links in the FAFSA log-in page and CSAC page that direct you to options of retrieving your username or password.
- Complete your application online by selecting the application pertaining to the academic year of attendance