Transcript types and ways to order them

Students/Parents may order IRS transcripts by requesting them on-line or by mail. The IRS provides the following transcripts:

  • Tax Return Transcript
  • Tax Account Transcript
  • Record of Account Transcript
  • Wage and Income Transcript
  • Verification of Non-filing Letter

VERY IMPORTANT to order the correct tax year!

  • For example, students attending college during the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 academic year, require transcripts from 2016 tax year.
  • Another example, students planning to attend Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 academic year, transcripts from 2017 tax year will be required.

The IRS has provided Ways to Get Transcripts. Obtain further instructions and description of each transcript by going to: Transcript types and ways to order them .