Summer Financial Aid
- Contact Financial Aid and Scholarship Office: 408.283.7500 or email@example.com.
- College of International and Extended Studies summer session information.
- Office of the Registrar summer session calendar.
San Jose State University offers limited summer financial aid which may consist of Grant(s) and/or Stafford Loan(s).
The amount and type of summer aid students are eligible to receive will depend on many factors, including grade level, need, and whether or not eligibility for these funds have been exhausted during the regular academic year.
Pell eligible students may have additional Pell grant for Summer. Students must be enrolled at least half-time in order to be considered.
Requesting Summer Financial Aid
- Students must be enrolled in 6 units (undergraduate); 4 units (graduate).
- Once enrolled in summer courses, visit the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office (or call 408.283.7500) to speak with a financial aid representative
- Students must complete a Summer Evaluation form to determine summer financial aid eligibility.
Summer 2019 registration begins: Date to be announced
Financial aid application process begins: Date TBA
Final Day to Apply for Summer 2019 Financial Aid: Date TBA
Last Day to accept Summer 2019 loans: Date TBA
First Summer Aid Disbursement: Date TBA
Graduate students admitted for Summer Term
The programs eligible for aid that have a summer admission are the programs offered through the College of Education.
Education Specialist Teaching Credential (Special Education):Early Childhood Education, Mild to Moderate Disabilities, Moderate to Sever Disabilities.
The Certificate Programs offered through the College of Business that begin in the summer term are not eligible for any federal or state aid.
The Special Sessions MA in Music program that begins in the summer term are not eligible for any federal or state aid.
- Must be a continuing SJSU student.
- Must have a completed 2018-2019 FAFSA application and submitted all supporting documents.
- Must be enrolled in the minimum number of units required:
- 6 units for undergraduate, 2nd BA or Credential students
- 4 units of 200 level classes or departmental approved equivalency for Graduate students.
- Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Must meet the document submission deadline, this includes on-line acceptance of loans. Applications received after this date will not be processed and student is responsible for any fees due by the posted deadline.
Summer Aid Programs
Loans: Limited loan options are available to summer students, based on remaining eligibility.
Grants: Federal Pell Grant based on remaining eligibility.
The disbursement of funds begins on a weekly basis, starting the 2nd week of the summer term. Financial aid funds will apply to the student's account and pay any outstanding fees owed to the university (fees not covered by financial aid is the responsibility of the student). Refunds, if any, will be mailed or directly deposited into the student's checking/saving account. Click direct deposit for more information.
Fee deferrals protect classes and suspend the payment of tuition fees until after the semester begins. Fee deferrals are temporary and will be removed at the beginning of each semester. Once removed, all fees are due on the set deadline date, regardless of the student's summer financial aid status. To prevent enrollment cancellation, submit all requested documents by scheduled fee payment deadline.
Short-Term loans are available through the Bursar's Office. Contact the Bursar's Office for more information.