Wireless Laptop Assistance
The Financial Aid and Scholarship Office will participate in assisting eligible students with the funding for required wireless laptop purchases.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and process must be completed and the award notice generated prior to submitting the Wireless Laptop Memorandum request.
- The academic program advisor or representative confirming the student's program requirements for the computer must certify the Wireless Laptop Memorandum. Your advisor will be able to provide this form to you for submission to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office.
- All students will be required to meet with a Financial Aid Representative to discuss financial aid eligibility requirements and funding options. Please note, this increase in your educational costs typically does not increase grant eligibility but may require the consideration of other avenues of financial aid (i.e. Federal loans).
- The Cost of Attendance for the Academic Year will be increased to include a maximum of $2,000 towards the purchase of the laptop computer as required by the eligible academic program. If you choose to take out additional loan(s), the loan amount will be added to your award.
- This budget allowance for the purchase of a laptop computer is a one-time adjustment at San Jose State University.
- Additional financing options are available through the rental program and other low interest loans. Visit the Associated Students website for more information on the rental program. Apple Computer is offering low interest loans as low as 9.99% for qualifying students. Visit Apple's Education website for additional details and to apply for the loan.