A.S. Affordable Textbook Program
Associated Students (A.S.) recognizes the need for students that receive Financial Aid to be provided the opportunity to access affordable textbooks. Barnes & Noble, SJSU, has collaborated with the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office to provide a more sustainable and affordable approach of Textbook Rental.
To participate in the A.S. Affordable Textbook Program, students are required to present a copy of their financial aid award letter to the A.S. General Services Center upon request. The A.S. General Services Center shall proceed in verifying students ID number, award letter, class schedule and course list each semester. Only textbooks that are "rentable" according to the SJSU Bookstore are eligible for subsidy by Associated Students.
The A.S. General Service Center will issue a voucher for students to redeem at the SJSU Bookstore:
- Voucher will provide access to Rental Textbooks up to $60 maximum per eligible student per semester
- There is no limit to the number of textbooks as long as the total does not exceed $60
- Rental Textbooks are open to General Education, Upper Division and Graduate level students
- All Rental Textbooks must be returned to the SJSU Bookstore according to the date and requirements set by the bookstore
- Penalties will apply for non-returned, or damaged textbooks including but not limited to fees and holds on academic records
- Students will be required to sign a Rental Agreement for each textbook and provide a credit card or USBank linked Tower Card as payment and collateral in the event that a book is not returned or has been damaged
Contact A.S. General Services for more information - 408.924.6200