State University Grant (SUG)
SUG assists with California State University tuition fees. SUG is not available to students enrolled in special session or students whose tuition fees are paid by Cal Grant, tuition waivers or other programs that pay tuition fees.
- Must be a California Resident
- Students must have completed their FAFSA by March 2.
- If selected for Fall 2019-Spring 2020 verification, all requested financial aid documents must be submitted by 4:30PM on the priority file completion date: April 26, 2019.
Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
For SUG, must be $5,000 or less.
California State University (CSU) policy limits the length of time for receipt of the SUG. All students must meet the following guidelines to be eligible for a SUG award:
- Students must be enrolled at least half time (6 units undergraduate/credential and 4 units graduate level);
- Students cannot have accumulated more than 150 semester or 225 quarter units earned in their CSU undergraduate careers;
- Undergraduate transfer students cannot accumulate more than 75 semester or 113 quarter earned units while enrolled at a CSU campus;
- Teacher and credential students cannot accumulate more than 30 earned units.
- Graduate students cannot exceed more than 125% earned units of the required program length. For example: If a MS program is 60 units, a student may receive SUG funding for up to 75 units.
- Students pursuing a second bachelor's, second credential, or second master's degree are not eligible for the SUG. The CSU will only fund the first degree.
- Students who are auditing classes or taking classes for "no credit" are not eligible for any financial aid towards those registration fees.