State University Grant
This grant is for California residents who have an EFC of $6,000 or less. The amount of the award assists with California State University tuition fees. SUG is not available to students enrolled in special session and to students whose tuition fees are paid by Cal Grant, waivers or other programs that pay tuition fees. Current academic year SUG amounts are:
New for 2013-2014
Beginning with Fall 2013 term, students must meet the following guidelines to be eligible for a SUG award:
- Students must be enrolled at least half time;
- Students cannot have accumulated more than 150 semester or 225 quarter units earned in their CSU undergraduate careers;
- Undergraduate transfer students cannot accumulate more than 75 semester or 113 quarter earned units while enrolled at a CSU campus;
- Teacher and credential students cannot accumulate more than 30 earned units.
- Graduate students cannot exceed more than 125% earned units of the required program length. For example: If a MS program is 60 units, a student may receive SUG funding for up to 75 units.