Middle Class Scholarship (MCS)
The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) will notify students if selected to receive a Middle Class Scholarship (MCS). The MCS will be awarded upon verifying eligibility requirements.
Awarding of the MCS typically occurs in late October to early November. Visit CSAC for more information.
- Complete the FAFSA or Dream Act Application by March 2, priority deadline.
- Must be a resident of the state of California.
- Undergraduate students with family incomes up to $150,000, and a maximum annual household
asset amount of $150,000, may be eligible.
- If your family earns up to $100,000, you may be eligible for a scholarship of up to 20 percent of the mandatory systemwide tuition and fees. In 2017-18, the maximum scholarship award will be up to 40 percent of the mandatory systemwide tuition and fees.
- Students whose families earn between $100,001 and $150,000 per year may be eligible for a reduced scholarship of no less than 10 percent of the mandatory systemwide tuition and fees.
- Students must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have a AB 540 student status
- Meet certain income, asset, and other financial aid standards
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress; not be in default on a student loan; and, must not be incarcerated.
|Students who are auditing classes or taking classes for "no credit" are not eligible for any financial aid towards those registration fees.|