Middle Class Scholarship (MCS)
The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) will notify students if selected to receive a Middle Class Scholarship (MCS). The MCS will be awarded upon verifying eligibility requirements. Students may receive the MCS award for up to 4 years, depending on education level when awarded.
Awarding of the MCS typically occurs in late October to early November. Visit CSAC for more information.
- Complete the FAFSA or Dream Act Application by March 2, priority deadline.
- Must be a resident of the state of California.
- The MCS provides undergraduate students, including students pursuing a teaching credential, with family incomes and assets up to $171,000, a scholarship up to 40% of the state tuition fee.
- Students must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have a AB 540 student status
- Meet certain income, asset, and other financial aid standards
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress; not be in default on a student loan; and, must not be incarcerated.
|Students who are auditing classes or taking classes for "no credit" are not eligible for any financial aid towards those registration fees.|