Summer FWS Clearance and FAQ's
Students must receive summer federal work-study (FWS) clearance to work the months of June, July and August. To apply for summer clearance, students must complete and submit the Summer Federal Work-Study form to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office, as well as complete the 2016-2017 financial aid application process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why do I need a Summer Federal Work-Study Clearance?
- The summer clearance is used to determine and inform students of their eligibility for summer federal work-study. To obtain a clearance, students must first complete and submit the Summer Federal Work-Study application to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office.
Q. What if I don't plan on working as a Federal Work-Study student over the summer?
- Only students who plan on working under the Federal Work-Study Program need apply for a summer clearance by submitting the Summer Federal Work-Study application to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office. Students who do not plan on working will not have to apply.
Q. What will happen if I do not submit the Summer Federal Work-Study form, or do not receive a summer clearance?
- You will not be able to work as a Federal Work-Study student during the summer.
Q. Do I have to take summer classes in order to be eligible for Summer Federal Work-Study?
- No. However, students must be currently enrolled in Spring 2016 courses, and enroll in Fall 2016 courses.
Q. Where do I obtain the Summer Federal Work-Study Clearance form?
- Current Federal Work-Study students will have the form available to them on their MySJSU as a To-Do item. Forms will also be available in the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office.