Summer FWS Clearance and FAQ's
Students who are planning on working under the Federal Work Study program beyond May 21st must first receive a summer federal work-study (FWS) clearance. This will allow students to work the months of June, July, and August. To apply for a summer clearance, students must complete and submit the Summer Federal Work-Study Allocation Application. To be considered, students will need to first complete the 2019-2020 Financial Aid application process, (submit FAFSA and all requested financial aid verification forms) as well as be determined to have financial need for the 2019-20120 academic year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why do I need a Summer Federal Work-Study Clearance?
- The summer clearance is used to determine and inform students of their eligibility for summer federal work-study. To obtain a clearance, students must first complete and submit the Summer Federal Work-Study application to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office.
Q. What if I don't plan on working as a Federal Work-Study student over the summer?
- Only students who plan on working under the Federal Work-Study Program need apply for a summer clearance by submitting the Summer Federal Work-Study application to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office. Students who do not plan on working will not have to apply.
Q. What will happen if I do not submit the Summer Federal Work-Study form, or do not receive a summer clearance?
- You will not be able to work as a Federal Work-Study student during the summer.
Q. Where do I obtain the Summer Federal Work Study Allocation Application?
- The Summer Federal Work-Study Allocation Application can be found HERE.
Q. Do I have to take summer classes in order to be eligible for Summer Federal Work-Study?
- No. However, students must be currently enrolled in Spring 2019 courses, and enroll in Fall 2019 courses.
Q. Where do I obtain the Summer Federal Work-Study Clearance form?
- The Summer Federal Work-Study Clearance form will be provided to students one week after they have submitted the Summer Federal Work Study Allocation Application and will be available for pick up at the Financial aid and Scholarship Office