8:15 am - 4:45 pm
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Office and phones hours subject to change.
Closed weekends and holidays.
March 31, May 25, July 3
Refunds can take 3-5 business days once aid has applied to existing fees. Disbursement may be held for several reasons, such as:
- Admissions status
- Less than full-time enrollment
- Academic progress holds
- Missing information, etc.
View disbursement policy for more information.
- SAP HOLDS - Not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) will result in a financial aid hold. For more information, view What is satisfactory academic progress?
- SAP Petition Due Dates:
- April 10, 2015 - spring semester petitions
- January 1 - Apply annually for financial aid beginning January 1. View Seven Steps to Financial Aid for an overview of the financial aid process at SJSU.
- January 29 - Tuition fee deferral removed. The tuition fee deferral does not apply to housing fees.
- March 2 - FAFSA and Dream Act Application priority filing deadline.
- March 2 - CSAC GPA verification deadline.
- April 3 - Deadline to submit Special Circumstances form.
- Payment due dates:
- Fees must be paid in full on or set up an installment payment plan (IPP). The minimum amount due to be eligible for a payment plan is $350.00. A charge of $33 is applied to set up an IPP.
- Students are responsible for checking their MySJSU for fees and payment due dates - How to view payment due dates.
- Disbursement begins the first week of fall semester. Second disbursement of aid begins first week of spring semester.
- Students enrolled in less than full-time status must notify the Financial Aid and Scholarship office by filling out the Student Information Update form.
- IRS Tax Return Request.
- 1098-T Tuition Statement & Tax Credit FAQs
Visit California Student Aid Commission's FAQ page.
Online Learning - Spartan Success Portal
Online workshops aimed at helping students succeed. All workshops are confidential, informational and available 24/7. There are workshops on Academic & Career Exploration, Reading & Writing Strategies, Personal Management, and Learning to Learn. To join a workshop, click on Spartan Success Portal.