8:15 am - 4:45 pm
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Office and phones hours subject to change.
Closed weekends and holidays.
May 25, July 3
Students who have submitted a FAFSA should periodically log into their MySJSU to read their Document Request Letter and view the To-Do List items posted by Financial Aid and Scholarship Office.
Students should contact the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office if no To-Do List item(s) appear in their MySJSU after two weeks of filing a FAFSA.
Seven Steps to Financial Aid provides an overview of the awarding process.
Disbursement of financial aid begins the first week of each semester. Disbursement may be held for several reasons, such as:
- Admissions status
- Less than full-time enrollment
- Academic progress holds
- Missing information, etc.
View disbursement policy for more information.
New FSA ID to replace the Federal Student Aid PIN
On May 10, a new login process will be implemented to access FAFSA on the web, NSLDS, Student Access, StudentLoans.gov, StudentAid.gov, and the TEACH grant websites. There is nothing you need to do before the change. Notification of the new process will be provided to you upon logging into these websites on May 10. Individuals with an existing PIN will have the option to link it to their new FSA ID, which will allow them to immediately use the ID on the above referenced websites.
Don't pay to fill out the FAFSA. The FAFSA is a free application. Fill it out at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- SAP HOLDS - Not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) will result in a financial aid hold. For more information, view What is satisfactory academic progress?
- SAP Petition Due Dates:
- April 10, 2015 - spring semester petitions
- January 1 - Apply annually for financial aid beginning January 1.
- March 2 - FAFSA and Dream Act Application priority filing deadline, and CSAC GPA verification deadline.
- Spartan Scholarship - Apply now!
- April 3 (For currently enrolled students - fall 2014 & spring 2015) Deadline to submit Special Circumstances form.
- April 8 (For currently enrolled students - fall 2014 & spring 2015) Summer 2015 financial aid application process begins.
- May 1 (For currently enrolled students - fall 2014 & spring 2015) Deadline to:
- accept subsidized/unsubsidized loans
- submit Grad PLUS loan application
- submit Parent PLUS loan application
- May 29 (For all students - new and current) The 2015-16 financial aid award is based on the submission and completion of items posted on students To Do List in MySJSU. All requested financial aid documents must be submitted by 4:30 pm on May 29, to be considered for maximum funding. View, Seven Steps to Financial Aid for an overview of the financial aid process.
- June 1 - Students may begin to accept 2015-16 loans.
- June 1 - Graduate students, and parents of dependent students may submit 2015-16 PLUS loan applications. NOTE: students must be awarded financial aid before the application can be processed.
- June 10 (For currently enrolled students - fall 2014 & spring 15) Final day to apply for Summer 2015 financial aid.
- July 17 (For all students - new and current) Deadline to receive a fall tuition fee deferral. Students who submit their To Do List items by July 17, qualify for a tuition fee deferral. Refer to your Document Request letter, Step 2, for detailed information. Also, view Seven Steps to Financial Aid for an overview of the financial aid process.
- Payment due dates:
- Fees must be paid in full on or set up an installment payment plan (IPP). The minimum amount due to be eligible for a payment plan is $350.00. A charge of $33 is applied to set up an IPP.
- Students are responsible for checking their MySJSU for fees and payment due dates - How to view payment due dates.
- Disbursement begins the first week of fall semester. Second disbursement of aid begins first week of spring semester.
- Students enrolled in less than full-time status must notify the Financial Aid and Scholarship office by filling out the Student Information Update form.
- IRS Income Information.
- 1098-T Tuition Statement & Tax Credit FAQs
Visit California Student Aid Commission's FAQ page.
Online Learning - Spartan Success Portal
Online workshops aimed at helping students succeed. All workshops are confidential, informational and available 24/7. There are workshops on Academic & Career Exploration, Reading & Writing Strategies, Personal Management, and Learning to Learn. To join a workshop, click on Spartan Success Portal.