8:15 am - 4:45 pm
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Office and phones hours subject to change.
Closed weekends and holidays.
Campus Closure Dates:
September 7, November 11, 26 and 27
Financial Aid Process:
The Financial Aid and Scholarship Office will notify students on their MySJSU to:
- Read the Document Request Letter, and
- Submit To-Do Item(s) posted in their MySJSU.
Students should contact the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office if To-Do List item(s) do not appear in their MySJSU two weeks after filing a FAFSA.
Seven Steps to Financial Aid provides an overview of the financial aid process.
New FSA ID replaces the Federal Student Aid PIN
- The IRS.gov (website) currently does not have the option to request a Tax Return Transcript
or a Wage and Income Transcript on-line.
- If a student or parent needs to request a Tax Return Transcripts, and/or Wage and Income Transcript, you may request it by mail using the IRS Get Transcript website and choosing "Get Transcript by Mail," or
- Mail IRS form 4506-T to the IRS.
- Students and parents are still able to link their tax information to their FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval tool on the FAFSA.
- To-Do List Items
- Financial aid awards are based on the submission and completion of items posted on student's To-Do List in their MySJSU.
- June 19 - to be considered for maximum funding, all requested financial aid documents must have been submitted by 4:30 pm on June 19.
- View Seven Steps to Financial Aid for an overview of the financial aid process.
- SAP HOLDS - Not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) will result in a financial aid hold. For more information, view What is satisfactory academic progress?
- Summer 2015
- June 10 - deadline to apply for summer 2015 financial aid.
- June 17 - deadline to accept summer loans.
- Tuition Fee Deferral - Fall 2015
- July 17, 2015 - Students who submit their To Do List items by July 17, qualify for a tuition fee deferral. Refer to your Document Request letter, Step 2, for detailed information. Also, view Seven Steps to Financial Aid for an overview of the financial aid process.
- Payment due dates:
- Without a tuition fee deferral (see above), tuition fees must be paid on the date indicated in the students MySJSU. An installment payment plan (IPP) is available. To be eligible for the IPP, the minimum amount due is $350.00. A charge of $33 is applied to set up an IPP.
- Students are responsible for checking their MySJSU for fees and payment due dates - How to view payment due dates.
- Disbursement begins the first week of each semester. Disbursement may be held for several reasons, such as:
- Admissions status
- Less than full-time enrollment
- Academic progress holds
- Missing information, etc.
View disbursement policy for more information.
- Student Information Update Form
- Students enrolled in less than full-time status must notify the Financial Aid and Scholarship office by filling out the Student Information Update form.
- IRS Income Information.
- 1098-T Tuition Statement & Tax Credit FAQs
- January 1 - Apply annually for financial aid beginning January 1. March 2 is the FAFSA priority filing deadline, and CSAC GPA verification deadline. Avoid financial aid fraud! Don't pay to fill out the FAFSA - it is a free application.
Visit California Student Aid Commission's FAQ page.
Online Learning - Spartan Success Portal
Online workshops aimed at helping students succeed. All workshops are confidential, informational and available 24/7. There are workshops on Academic & Career Exploration, Reading & Writing Strategies, Personal Management, and Learning to Learn. To join a workshop, click on Spartan Success Portal.