Important Announcements & Deadline Dates
Due to the suspension of the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT), the delays in obtaining tax transcripts, and the verification of non-tax filing status letters, the Department of Education has relaxed some of the verification procedures for schools.
- If you or your parents were asked to complete the "Student Tax Filing Verification" or "Parent Tax Filing Verification", you will now be able to submit a signed copy of the 2015 Tax Return, along with the Verification form.
- If you or your parents were asked to obtain "Verification of Non Tax Filing Status", you will no longer need to submit the Form 4506-T to the IRS. You are now only required to complete the Non-Tax Filing Verification Form and submit your W-2's, if required.
Document Completion Date - Deadline has been extended!
SJSU has also extended our file completion deadline to May 26, 2017. Please be aware of this new deadline to complete financial aid files to be considered for maximum funding.
To-Do List Items
- Financial aid award is based on the submission and completion of To-Do List items posted in a student's MySJSU.
- Only students selected for verification are required to submit To-Do List Items.
- March 2, 2017 - Priority filing date for FAFSA, Dream Act and CSAC GPA verification deadline is March 2. Applications may still be submitted after March 2, however, eligibility for maximum funding will have been missed. Apply early!
- May 26, 2017 - students selected for verification, all requested financial aid documents must be submitted and completed by 4:30 pm, on May 26, to be considered for maximum 2017-2018 funding (deadline date was extended from April 28 to May 26).
- View Seven Steps to Financial Aid for an overview of the financial aid process.
- To qualify for a tuition fee deferral and prevent enrollment cancellation, students
selected for verification must have completed all requested financial aid documents by:
- December 15, 2016 for Spring 2017.
- June 30, 2017 for Fall 2017
- December 14, 2017 for Spring 2018
- For students without a tuition fee deferral, fees are due on the scheduled fee due date regardless of student's financial aid status.
- The tuition fee deferral does not defer housing fees.
- Contact University Housing Services with payment inquiries or view Financial Aid and Housing FAQ page.
Students MUST be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for financial aid. Enrollment in less than full-time? Submit a Student Information Update form (see below).
|Full-Time||Three-Quarter||Half-Time||Less Than Half-Time|
|Undergraduate, Post-baccalaureate, Credential||12 units||9-11 units||6-8 units||*1-5 units|
|Graduate Degree||6.1 - 8 units||4-6 units|
|*ONLY students with a Pell Grant award are eligible for aid with less than half-time enrollment: 1-5 units|
Student Information Update form
- In some cases, financial aid will not automatically disburse unless the office is informed of less than full-time enrollment. Submit the Student Information Update form if enrolled in less than full-time
Students not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) will result in a financial aid hold. For more information, view What is satisfactory academic progress
- November 11, 2016 - last day to submit Fall 2016, SAP petition.
- April 6, 2017 - last day to submit Spring 2017, SAP petition.
- April 28, 2017 - Last day to accept student loans and to submit PLUS loan application for students attending Fall 2016 and Spring 2017, or attending Spring 2017, only. application.