Important Announcements & Deadline Dates
Students MUST be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for financial aid. Enrolled less than full-time? Submit a Student Information Update form (see below).
Awarding and To-Do List Items
- Financial aid award is based on the submission and completion of To-Do List items posted in a student's MySJSU.
- Only students selected for verification will have items posted in their MySJSU.
- Students NOT selected for verification will NOT have documents assigned in their To-Do List, but should monitor their MySJSU for any changes.
- To be considered for maximum funding, all requested financial aid documents must have been completed by 4:30 pm on April 27, 2018.
March 2, 2018 for the Fall 2018 - Spring 2019 academic year;
March 2, 2019 for the Fall 2019 - Spring 2020 academic year.
Applications may be submitted after March 2, however, eligibility for maximum funding will have been missed. Apply early!
Remember, FAFSA/Dream Act application process begins every year on: October 1
Due to limited funding availability, you must submit your FAFSA/Dream Act application in early October (as soon as the application is available) to be considered for priority funding.
An overview of the financial aid process.
To qualify for a Fall 2018 - Spring 2019 tuition fee deferral and prevent enrollment cancellation, students selected for verification must complete all requested financial aid documents by:
June 29, 2018 for a Fall 2018, tuition fee deferral
November 30, 2018 for a Spring 2019, tuition fee deferral
Financial Aid applications received after the above due dates will NOT receive a tuition fee deferral.
For students without a tuition fee deferral, fees are due on the scheduled fee due date regardless of student's financial aid status.
Satisfactory Academic Progress HOLDS
Students not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) will result in a financial aid hold. For more information, view What is satisfactory academic progress
November 16, 2018 - last day to submit Fall 2018, SAP petition
April 5, 2019 - last day to submit Spring 2019, SAP petition
- December 1, 2018 - Last day to accept loans and to submit PLUS loan application for Fall 2018.
- April 26, 2019 - Last day to accept student loans and to submit PLUS loan application for Fall 2018 and Spring 2019, or attending Spring 2019, only.