Important Announcements & Deadline Dates
New verification process for 2019-2020
- You will now be able to upload your documents using the link provided on your To Do list. Follow the instructions on your To Do list items.
- If income tax information is required you may now submit copies of tax returns using the upload link on your To Do list (tax return transcript OR 1040 form(s).
Summer Financial Aid
Enrolled in summer courses? Complete a summer financial aid application
Awarding and To-Do List Items
- Financial aid award is based on the submission and completion of To-Do List items.
- Only students selected for verification will have items posted in their To-Do list.
Verification is a process where the Department of Education (DOE), California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) or SJSU selects applications for further review. If you have been selected for verification, SJSU will be comparing information from your financial aid application with your (and your spouse’s, if you are married) and/or your parents’ Income Tax Return or with W-2 forms or other documents. Federal and state regulations state we have the right to ask for this information before awarding aid.
- If you were not selected for verification you will not have documents assigned to your To-Do List. Continue to monitor your To Do List frequently for any changes.
To be considered formaximum funding for Fall 2019 - Spring 2020, all requested financial aid documents must be submitted by 4:30 pm on the following deadline date:
Friday, April 26, 2019
We will accept and process verification documents after the priority deadline of April 26, 2019; however, you may NOT be considered for maximum funding.
Applications may be submitted after March 2, however, eligibility for maximum funding will have been missed.
Remember, FAFSA/Dream Act application process begins every year on: October 1
Due to limited funding availability, you must submit your FAFSA/Dream Act application in early October (as soon as the application is available) to be considered for priority funding.
An overview of the financial aid process.
Temporarily defers payment and prevents enrollment cancellation.
Satisfactory Academic Progress HOLDS
Students not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) will result in a financial aid hold. For more information, view What is satisfactory academic progress?
November 16, 2018 - last day to submit Fall 2018, SAP petition
April 5, 2019 - last day to submit Spring 2019, SAP petition
Loans (academic year: Fall 2019 and Spring 2020)
- December 2, 2019 - deadline to accept loans and to submit PLUS loan application for one term only, Fall 2019.
- April 24, 2020 - deadlineto accept loans and to submit PLUS loan application for the academic year (Fall/Spring) or Spring 2020, only.
Payment due dates