What happens after submitting an application
Students will receive:
- a Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA or from CSAC (California Student Aid Commission), and an Acknowledgement Letter (DRL) from the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office.
- The Acknowledgement Letter acknowledges that SJSU has received the student's FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application, and provides instructions and deadline dates to submit items found on their MySJSu To-Do List.
Only students selected for verification will have items placed in their MySJSU To-Do List.
- For students selected for verification, there is a priority deadline to submit documents to be considered for maximum funding. Deadline date(s) is provided in the Acknowledgement letter.
- Students who submit all required documents by dates indicated below, will have a registration fee deferral assigned. Students not meeting the deadline MUST pay their registration fees from
their own resources by the payment deadline.
- June 29, 2018 for a Fall 2018, tuition fee deferral
- November 30, 2018, for a Spring 2019 tuition fee deferral
Approximate timeframe to receive an Acknowledgement Letter is one to two weeks after submitting a FAFSA or Dream Act Application. Contact the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office if an Acknowledgement Letter is not received: 408-283-7500 or email@example.com.
View Seven Steps to Financial Aid for an overview of the financial aid process.