What happens after submitting an application
Students will receive:
- a Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA or from CSAC (California Student Aid Commission),
- an Acknowledgement Letter (DRL) from the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office acknowledging that SJSU has received your FAFSA or Dream Act Application. The letter also provides instructions and deadline dates.
Students selected for verification will have items placed in their MySJSU To-Do List.
- For students selected for verification, there is a priority deadline to submit documents to be considered for maximum funding. Deadline date(s) is provided in the Acknowledgement letter.
- Students who submit all required documents by dates indicated below, will have a registration fee deferral assigned to their MySJSU. Students not meeting the deadline MUST pay their registration fees from their own resources by the payment deadline.
- The following dates refer to the 2018-19 academic year (fall/spring):
June 29, 2018 for a Fall 2018, tuition fee deferral
November 30, 2018, for a Spring 2019 tuition fee deferral
Typically, the approximate timeframe to receive an Acknowledgement Letter is one to two weeks after submitting a FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application. The timeframe to receive an Acknowledgement letter for the 2019-2020 application process is approximately early January 2019.
Contact the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office if an Acknowledgement Letter is not received: 408-283-7500 or email@example.com.
View Seven Steps to Financial Aid for an overview of the financial aid process.