What happens after submitting an application
Students will receive:
- a Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA or from CSAC (California Student Aid Commission), and
- an Acknowledgement Letter (DRL) from the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office. The Acknowledgement Letter acknowledges that SJSU has received the student's FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application, and provides instructions and deadline dates to submit items found on their MySJSu To-Do List.
Only students selected for verification will have items placed in their MySJSU To-Do List.
- For students selected for verification, there is a priority deadline to submit documents to be considered for maximum funding. The deadline date is indicated in the acknowledgement letter.
- Students who submit all required documents by dates indicated below, will have a registration fee deferral assigned. Students not meeting the deadline MUST pay their registration fees from
their own resources by the payment deadline.
- June 30, 2017 for a Fall 2017 registration fee deferral
- December 14, 2017, for a Spring 2018 registration fee deferral
Contact the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office if an Acknowledgement Letter is not received within two weeks of submitting a financial aid application: email@example.com or 408-283-7500
View Seven Steps to Financial Aid for an overview of the financial aid process.