Architectural Trades Group: Automotive Services
FMC Services, has been designated the one point of control for all SJSU state owned or leased vehicles by the Campus President.
The following is a list of some of the services provided by the Automotive Shop:
- University vehicle repairs and maintenance
- Responding to automotive related emergency calls
- Maintenance of university construction related equipment
- Ensuring federal and state requirements related to university vehicles are met
- Addressing requests to add/remove vehicles to/from university use
- Evaluating and removing unsafe university vehicles from service
Note: University vehicles are those automobiles, vans, trucks, trailers, buses, electric carts and industrial vehicles owned by campus departments for their business needs.
Driver responsibilities include:
- Mileage logs are to be completed by driver
- Annual designation of a staff person, responsible for the vehicle
- Making vehicle accessible for maintenance needs
- Prompt reporting of vehicle maintenance needs to Auto Shop
- Completing Rules & Regulations Compliance Agreement