The Electrical Shop ensures that the electrical needs of the campus are met by maintaining, modifying and improving the campus electrical and lighting systems as part of the regular maintenance and also in renovation and construction projects.
Their work ranges from changing light bulbs on a daily basis, to installing circuits for electrical equipment and repairing motors, transformers and other electrical apparatus. They respond to emergencies such as fire alarms and tripped circuits.
The following is a list of services provided by this shop:
- Installs new lights & wall receptacles
- Replaces burned out lamps in permanent lighting fixtures
- Resets tripped circuit breakers
- Maintains the campus clock system
- Responds to power outages
- Troubleshoots electrical problems
- Maintains fire alarm equipment