Temporary Appointment Funding Changes
Temporary funding changes are set up if an appointment is for one fiscal year (July-June) or less than one year.
Email the Employee Profile Form (PDF) to email@example.com when temporary changes are made. For instructions on running an employee profile, see Employee Profile from PeopleSoft (PDF) process guide.
Completing the Employee Profile
When completing the Employee Profile (PDF), the following information should be reflected in the fields found under the heading Funding Current, Change To:
- Chartfield: Changes to DeptID, Fund, Class, Project
- Pct (%): The percentage total must equal 100%
- Effdt: Effective Date (e.g., 7/1/2011)
- For non-academic departments, obtain Department Manager approval
- For academic departments, obtain either the Dean’s Office or AVP approval
In addition to the information identified above, release time appointments need the following information provided on the employee profile:
- The Pct (%) of split for DeptID not on Release Time
- The Pct (%) of release time for DeptID on Release Time
- Add the Project Code 99999
- ProjectID 99999 is used to identify faculty/staff that are on release time.
Effective date is based on Pay Period and not on academic calendar year
1. For Faculty
- Fall Semester is 9/1/yyyy.
- Spring Semester is 2/1/yyyy.
2. For Staff
- The beginning date of the appointment
1. For Faculty
- Fall Semester is 2/1/yyyy.
Additional paycheck (July/August) occurring in the new fiscal year will be set up by the rolling process. (See Important note below)
- Spring Semester: End Date will be generated by the New Fiscal Year Rolling Process, unless a specific End Date is listed on the form. (See Important note below)
2. For Staff
- The end date of the appointment
Important: At the beginning of new fiscal year, Finance Support runs a process that does the following (Faculty union code R03 only):
|Previous Fiscal Year||New Fiscal Year|
|Faculty with Spring semester split only||Sets up the same split in the July pay period, and inactivates the split in August pay period|
|Faculty with Fall semester split only||Sets up the same split in the August pay period, and inactivates the split in September pay period|
|Faculty with same split in Fall and Spring semesters||Sets up the same split in July and August pay period, and inactivates the split in September pay period|
|Faculty with different split in Fall and Spring semesters||Sets up the same split in Spring for the July pay period; same split in Fall for the August pay period, and inactivates splits in September pay period|
It is the department's responsibility to run the LCD Setup Audit report to ensure the funding set up is correct. We recommend running the report at least two weeks prior to the next month's payroll process in order to have enough time for any corrections if needed.