Temporary Appointment Funding Changes
Temporary funding changes are set up if an appointment is for one fiscal year (July-June) or less than one year.
Completing the Employee Profile
When completing the Employee Profile (pdf), the following information should be reflected in the fields found under the heading Funding Current, Change To:
- Chartfield: Changes to DeptID, Fund, Class, Project
- Pct (%): The percentage total must equal 100%
- Effdt: Effective Date (e.g., 7/1/2011)
- For non-academic departments, obtain Department Manager approval
- For academic departments, obtain either the Dean’s Office or AVP approval
In addition to the information identified above, release time appointments need the following information provided on the employee profile:
- The Pct (%) of split for DeptID not on Release Time
- The Pct (%) of release time for DeptID on Release Time
- Add the Project Code 99999
- ProjectID 99999 is used to identify faculty/staff that are on release time.
- For Faculty, effective date is based on Pay Period and not on academic calendar year
- Fall Semester effective date is September 1, yyyy
- Spring Semester effective date is February 1, yyyy
- Enter the Effective End Date on form
- For Staff, enter their beginning and end date of the appointment
Return the completed Employee Profile via inter-campus mail to Andrew Nguyen, extended zip 0008, or email your profile to email@example.com .
At the beginning of each fiscal year, the Finance Support runs a process that creates a new effective dated row in the Department Budget Table (DBT) that does the following:
- Faculty with split appointment in February – June pay periods (Spring): sets up the same split in the July pay period of the following year and inactivates splits starting with the August pay period.
- Faculty with a split appointment from September – January pay periods: sets up the same split in the August pay period of the following year and inactivates the split starting with the September pay period.
- Any other temporary appointment will have an inactivated date of 7/1/yyyy.