Student Accidents


In the event of an accident or injury involving a student, the highest priority must always be caring for the individual.

  • If the injury is serious, call 911 or contact the University Police Department at 924-2222 and follow their instructions.
  • If the student can be moved, take him or her to the SJSU Student Health Center.

After the student has been cared for and the accident is under control, report the incident to Budget & Risk Management:

The Student and Visitor Accident Reporting is necessary to assist the university in proper investigation and follow-up measures to prevent further accidents and to assist with the injured person's own medical insurance. It is needed in addition to any reports that UPD or other police agencies may file.

A student employee should immediately report any work-related injury or illness to his or her supervisor.  See Workers’ Compensation for more information.