All products and services procured by SJSU are processed either by purchase order, direct payment or procard. Vendors should not accept requests for products and/or services from SJSU employees without one of the following:
- Purchase Order number
- Direct Payment number
- Presentation of the ProCard
Vendors can build strong relationships with SJSU Buyers by developing the following strategies:
- Refrain from offering gifts or gratuities or anything that could be construed as such.
- Tell us if our specifications for a product can be improved to provide a better performance, a longer-life product and/or lower cost.
- Keep us supplied with your latest catalogs and current prices.
- Keep us informed of your back-order situations, plant closures, impending shortages or strikes.
- Keep us informed of any address and phone number changes.
- Follow through on orders to ensure delivery to us as promised.
- Insure that all shipments are clearly marked with a purchase order number or with the SJSU employee name and department name.
- Include the SJSU Purchase Order number or Direct Payment number on all invoices and correspondence.
- Call ahead for appointments.