Financial activities are conducted through the university's finance systems.
The Administrative Applications manages these systems and Finance Support Unit provides the training to department end users. For course information, see Training. Access to the finance systems can be requested by completing the Administrative Applications' System Access Request Form after completion of required courses.
The systems commonly used by employees for finance processes are-
Financial Transaction Services (FTS) is used by departments to:
- communicate a request to Contracts & Purchasing Services for goods and services.
- send a Direct Payment, Employee/Student Reimbursement, Travel Reimbursements voucher request to Accounts Payable.
- submit an authorization to travel for business.
- transfer revenue or budget between chartfields.
- adjust a processed payroll expense.
- pay another campus department for services received.
Common Finance System (CFS) allows departments to:
- check the status of purchasing or payment request.
- enter a receipt or inspection confirmation for products/services ordered through a Purchase Order.
- complete the monthly statement reconciliation for purchases made with the university's ProCard or GoCard.
CFS Data Warehouse is a reporting tool for departments to:
- monitor and reconcile financial activity affecting their chartfields.
- manage Purchase Order encumbrances.