The purpose of a change order request is to make official changes to an existing Purchase Order or Requisition. Department users should submit a change order request to:
- Increase or decrease the dollar amount on a blanket order
- Change the unit price, quantity or description on an order
- Add a new item to an order
- Cancel a line item, Purchase Order or Requisition entirely
Refer to the links below for the complete guideline on the change order process or print Change Order Request Process (PDF).
Submitting a Change Order Request
All change order requests must be emailed, by the Approving Official, to email@example.com. To insure a change order request is processed in a timely manner, the following information must be provided:
- In the subject line:
- Requisition Number or Purchase Order Number
- In the body of the email:
- Requestor’s name
- Contact phone number
- Purchase Order Number or Requisition Number
- Chartfield information from original Requisition/Purchase Order
- Buyer’s Name (listed on original Requisition/Purchase Order)
- Action(s) requested, for example-
- Add new line (must include information such as product description, quantity, price, and Chartfield string)
- Increase Line 1 from $200 to $300
- Reduce Line 5 from $500 to $200
- Any other changes, notes or comments
Sample Change Order Request
Below are samples of what change order requests should look like.
Sample 1: Add a new line to a Requisition.
Sample 2: Reduce Purchase Order in order to entirely close it.
All change order requests must receive approval from an Approving Official. If you do not have budget authority for the chartfield(s) listed on the change order request, the email must be forwarded to the appropriate Approving Official for approval. If approved, the Approving Official must then forward the change order request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Change order requests containing all required information and with proper approval will be processed by Contracts & Purchasing Services in the order received within 5-7 business days.
Note: All increases that bring a Purchase Order or Requisition to a value greater than $50,000 are subject to verification of funds and additional approval by the Accounting Services.
After Contracts & Purchasing Services has processed the change order request, the requestor (as listed in the request) will receive an electronic confirmation in the form of: a copy of the revised Purchase Order or Requisition, or an email confirming the action taken (i.e., your requisition has been cancelled).
If you have any questions concerning your change order, contact the buyer, whose name can be found on the original Purchase Order or Requisition.