Bachelor of Science in General Engineering (BSGE) Program
For selected high-performing students the General Engineering degree is an opportunity to develop a special interdisciplinary major. Students must meet with a General Engineering advisor early in their studies to determine if such a plan is right for them. Freshmen entering General Engineering are encouraged to explore the various traditional engineering fields and select a program which fits their interests by their second year of study at SJSU. All College of Engineering undergraduate majors are required to maintain a Major GPA of 2.0 or above.
B.S. in General Engineering Program learning outcomes
The graduates of BSGE are expected to have:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.