Prospective undergraduate (BSGE) Students
For program description, please go to ‘Accdemic program’ -> BSGE.
Other information for future SJSU students
Prospective graduate (MSE) Students
For program description, please go to ‘Accdemic program’ -> MSE.
General Admission information such as requirement and deadline can be found on the link.
MSE Admission Requirements
Other than meeting the university graduate admission requirements, applicants to MSE program must also:
- Submit a ‘Statement of Purpose’ indicating your Educational Objectives in the admission application process.
- Hold a GPA of at least 3.0 in the last two years of full time study. Students that
hold a GPA between 2.5 and 3.0, may be considered for conditional admission. A letter of recommendation to the Director of General Engineering is recommended in
this case. Letter of recommendation should be sent to:
Director of General Engineering
Engineering Building, Room 491
One Washington Square
San José, CA 95192-0205
Applicants having difficulty developing Educational Objectives can meet with the General Engineering Director to facilitate the description of the objectives.
Following web sites contain important information regarding your graduate studies at SJSU.
- Information for newly admitted graduate students
- Admitted international students
- SJSU Office of Graduate and Undergraduate Programs
- Financial matters
Current SJSU students that want to change majors into the M.S. Engineering program must be in good academic standing, complete a General Program of Study statement, as well as an Application for Change of Graduate Major form.