France: Culture Through Science & Innovation
June 12 - June 25
Wednesday, Oct. 4
CVB Rec Room
Come enjoy baguettes & French cheeses while learning about this exciting new program!
Follow us on Facebook to get the latest FLP news and updates.
Travel to beautiful Paris, France and study modern French culture, government, and immigration, and their impacts on diverse communities within France through the lenses of science, technology, and innovation. Learn how the French have adapted these themes to globalization, the ever-changing face of their population, and how that differs from approaches in the US.
On this FLP, you will study the effects of the acceptance of technology, the influence of innovation, and views of the role of science in society. How do these various factors impact immigration, economics, biases, and other aspects of community development?
While in France, you'll also:
- Go on a guided bicycle tour of Paris & see Notre Dame, the Champs-Elysees, & more!
- Work on the restoration of an ancient castle
- Create macarons in a hands-on workshop
- Tour the iconic Marais neighborhood, traditionally famous for its Jewish quarter & now also a center of LGBT culture
- Volunteer with a local refugee organization
- Visit the Louvre! Eiffel Tower! Sacre Coeur!