Hong Kong: Strategy from an Asian Perspective
June 30 - July 14
Thursday, Oct. 5
Monday, Oct. 9
Follow us on Facebook to get the latest FLP news and updates.
What better way to take a senior capstone course than to travel to exciting Hong Kong and learn experientially!
Chinese companies and brands are no longer confined to China. As the world's second largest economy, China's businesses have branched out globally, their unique and dynamic home market influences how they compete outside of China as well. Business professionals in all fields will benefit from understanding how Chinese businesses operate. This course will teach BUS3 189 Strategic Management using Chinese companies and industries as examples. Learn about business in China and soak in Chinese culture, cuisine, and current affairs as added bonuses. This is especially suited for those with an interest in international business and who learn more through experiencing rather than reading.
The curriculum will comprise of corporate tours, field visits, cultural sights, and class discussions including:
- Welcome Dinner with traditional Chinese banquet
- July 1 fireworks celebration for HK's Special Administrative Region Establishment Day
- Corporate visits with prominent Hong Kong and China based companies
- Authentic and beloved Chinese foods and snacks
- Exploration into Hong Kong's historic and famous sites (remains of HK's colonial past, the bustling financial and shopping districts and the bright lights and nightlife ) as well as many off the beaten path (fishing villages, wet markets, local neighborhoods)
- Night of horse racing at the Happy Valley Racecourse
- Special Farewell Dinner banquet
Student Application Process - How to Apply & Important Deadlines