Japan: Kyoto Program--Deep Dive into Japan
June 22 - July 15
Follow us on Facebook to get the latest FLP news and updates.
Do you love Japanese anime and manga? They surely give you a peek into Japanese culture and society, but you will see the REAL Japan in the Kyoto Program. Immerse yourself in the life of a Japanese family. Let your curiosity about the culture, the society and the history of Japan sparkle through lectures, workshops, site visits, and interviews. This 25-day summer program will take you across the Pacific to the deep parts of Japan.
Highlights of the program are:
- Staying with a host family for two weeks in Kyoto
- Learning the Japanese language in daily encounters with Japanese people
- Visiting culturally and historically venerated sites in Kyoto, Uji, Nara, and Hiroshima
- Getting first-hand experiences with cultural practices, such as tea ceremony, washoku (Japanese cuisine) cooking, zen meditation, kabuki theatre, and pop culture
- Exploring contemporary issues of ecology, commerce, aging society, and agriculture through company visits and lectures in Kyoto, Osaka, and Tokyo
- Getting to know the work-life of a foreign teacher of English at a public school through a school visit and an interview.
After your program participation, you will see anime from a completely different perspective.
Student Application Process - How to Apply & Important Deadlines