Brazil: Strategy and Samba in Rio!
January 3 - January 17
For general FLP sessions, see the Resources page.
Follow us on Facebook to get the latest FLP news and updates.
Learn strategic management and earn 3 units of Bus3 189. Guest speakers from leading Brazilian or Brazilian-based organizations, such as Schincariol Factory, US Chamber of Commerce, and entrepreneurial startups, will provide onsite tours and discussions concerning relevant business approaches in their respective companies and industries.
* All coursework will be in English.
Based in the gorgeous and iconic coastal city of Rio De Janeiro, excursions include:
- City Tour including Christ the Redeemer Statue, Tijuca Forest, Santa Teresa neighborhood and Lapa
- Four company visits, such as Schincariol Factory, US Chamber of Commerce, and entrepreneurial startups in the Tabajaras Favela (a laundry mat or graphic design operation, or tourism trade related visit)
- Pequena Africa (Little Africa) Walking Tour / Centro Brazil
- Olympic Village including meeting with community leaders to learn about effects of construction for Rio Olympics 2016
- Percussion Lesson in the Santa Marta Favela
- Samba lesson with dancers from Mangueira Samba School
The program leader has business experience in Brazil at the senior executive level, which will add additional value to student learning. Moreover, the program leader previously visited Rio frequently on business and leisure, and thus, is quite familiar with the travel and other logistics involved.