Summer School Abroad
Summer School Abroad (SSA) provides San José State University students the opportunity to study abroad for a short period of time during the summer break. Normally lasting two to four weeks, SSAs allow you to enroll in a short-term program at a university abroad while still earning SJSU course credits. You will have the chance to study alongside college students from around the world on these international programs, making cross-cultural connections that will last you the rest of your life!
Summer School Abroad is great for students who:
- want to work towards their graduation by earning SJSU credit on short-term programs.
- want to study abroad but do not want to leave their extracurricular activities (clubs, fraternities, sororities, etc.) by embarking on long-term programs.
- are working and cannot be away from work for a semester or longer.
- want to enjoy the perks of travelling and studying alone like other traditional study abroad students.
- want to study alongside college students from around the world making cross-cultural connections that will last you the rest of your life!
- are in majors that do not allow the flexibility to study abroad for a semester or longer.
- want to gain a competitive edge in their respective job markets by developing soft skills highly sought out by recruiters. Check out this news article on how studying abroad can improve your employability.
- are non-traditional students who cannot be away from family for a semester or longer.
TBA Summer School Abroad Info Session;