UCP Application Process
|Applications close||November 6, 2017|
|Application status notification to participants||Rolling admission|
|Complete Participant Agreement Form||November 8, 2017|
Full program payment
|November 8, 2017|
|Complete health form||December 1, 2017|
- Go to the UCP List page. You will see an APPLY HERE! link under the program's description. Click on the link to be routed to the next page.
- Click on the "Apply Now" button for the program you want to apply to. Each program has a separate application, so make sure you are on the correct program page.
- Log into the Terra Dotta system using your SJSU ID number and your password.
- If you do not have an SJSU ID number, choose "I do not have login credentials to this site." This will take you to the next page where you can create an account.
- Create and complete the profile as a first-time user in Terra Dotta. Once your profile
is completed, you will be routed to your applicant home page.
- Passport: The system requires you to upload a copy of your passport (the passport page with your picture and information). If you currently do not have a valid passport, you can upload any appropriate document in place of the copy of passport in order to move on to the next section of the profile.
- Click on the UCP program link under the Applications box. This will take you to the Program Application Page that will contain application instructions and documents you need to complete and submit.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Click on the questionnaire link under the Application Questionnaires box. Complete the questionnaire. If you would like to save your responses and come back to them later, you can click on the "Save" button. Once you hit the "Submit" button, your responses for the questionnaire will be submitted, and you will no longer be able to change your responses. Your responses to the questions will be reviewed by GEI as part of the acceptance process. Applications will not be considered for review until the questionnaire is completed.
- Once all application requirements have been completed, click on the 'Submit Application' button at the top of the Program Application Page. If you attempt to submit your application before it is complete, you will receive a warning message. Once successfully submitted, a date and time stamp will appear for confirmation on your application.
- For UCP applicants, you are not required to attend a GEI General Information Session as part of your application.
- Check your email and account frequently for possible messages from GEI.
GEI will review your application and determine your eligibility for the program. If your application to the program is accepted, you will receive an official acceptance letter from the Global Education and Initiatives Office. The official acceptance letter will provide instructions on the next steps of the process, including information on:
- making the full program payment
- signing the Participation Agreement
- pre-departure orientation
- and other details to get you ready for your program
FLP Student Policies
For the safety of all people involved, students are required to abide by UCP rules and regulations. Visit the Student Policies page for detailed information.
Full Program Payment
The official acceptance email from Global Education & Initiatives will include a link to the online program payment page along with detailed instructions on how to submit your payment.
UCP Refund Schedule
|Refund Time Frame||Refund Amount|
|Until program payment deadline||Full Refund|
|1 - 2 days after program payment deadline||50% of Program Fee|
|3+ days after program payement deadline||No Refund|
U.S. Culture Programs may be canceled if insufficient enrollment is met. If a program is canceled, program fees will be refunded. However, SJSU is not responsible for refunding any personal expenses (e.g. flights, spending money, etc.) if the program is canceled. Airfares and other individual expenses are the responsibility of the participant.
Preparing for Your Departure
All participants are required to attend a pre-departure orientation that will cover cultural, health, and safety information for travel to your program location.
It is important to make sure you have the appropriate travel documents ready for your program. Participants should review what documents are needed to travel within the United States.
International Students: You will need a valid passport, your I-20 (F-1 students) or DS-2019 (J-1 students), and your most recent I-94.
DACA Students: Information on domestic travel
US Citizens: You will need a valid form of government issued photo identification. Visit the TSA website to see what IDs you can use.