Gender Equity Center Programming Board
The mission of the Gender Equity Center Programming Board (GenEC Programming Board)
is to create programs for the San Jose State University community that advocate for
and educate on social justice, respect, and safety through an intersectional lens,
specifically considering issues around gender, gender identity, and perceived gender/gender
- Create 4-6 programs a semester, focusing on a variety of issues experienced by different genders
- Bring attention to the GenEC and its services offered
- Assess programs to understand how the program impacted participants and to learn what programs the community would like to attend in the future.
- Attend most GenEC Programming Board meetings
- Meetings will be every other Thursday of each month
- Participate in 50% of GenEC Programming Board created programs
- Participation can look like tabling, help with set up or breakdown, facilitating a program, planning a program, etc.
- Promote GenEC Programming Board programs
- Brainstorm program ideas with the group
Students will have an opportunity to learn and work on skills such as:
- Program and event planning
- Logistical coordination
- Communication and team dynamics
- Understanding of issues around gender and identities
To get involved with the GenEC Programming Board, come to our meetings on the first and third Thursdays of every month, 5:30 - 6:30pm! We'd love to see you there!