Program Learning Objectives
Graduates with a B.A. in Geography will:
- Demonstrate understanding of and ability to analyze spatial relationships.
- Demonstrate understanding of, and ability to analyze and critique human and environment interactions.
- Define and use basic geography tools and techniques.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and compare/contrast global regions.
- Demonstrate ability to read and understand research literature and engage in productive research activities.
- Demonstrate professional communication skills.
Graduates with a M.A. in Geography will:
- Demonstrate the ability to critically evaluate and interpret published research on the theoretical foundations of geographical information science.
- Demonstrate the ability to explain contemporary issues in geographic information science in the context of current theory.
- Demonstrate the ability to define a research problem and design and execute a research program.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate and interpret research results in the context of current theory.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate research results in written, graphic, and verbal form.
- Demonstrate understanding of how geographic information science and technology may be applied to a variety of problems.