Chairman of the Geology Department from 1976-1982
Phone: 408 924-5029
- Ph.D. 1963, University of Southern California
- Professional Interest and research involves study of Late Paleozoic corals, fusulinids, and stratigraphy of the Cordilleran miogeocline and various tectostratigraphic terranes.
- Stevens, C.H., and Stone, P., 2007, The Pennsylvanian-Early Permian Bird Spring shelf, southeastern California: Fusulinid biostratigraphy, paleogeographic evolution, and tectonic implications. Geological Society of America Special Paper, 429, 82 p.
- Fedorowski, J., Bamber, E.W., and Stevens, C.H., 2007, Lower Permian colonial rugose corals, western and northwestern Pangaea: Taxonomy and distribution: NRC Research Press, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 231 p.
- Stevens, C.H., and Pelly, T., 2006, Development and dismemberment of a Middle Devonian continental-margin submarine fan system in east-central California.: Geological Society of America Bulletin, v. 118, p. 159-170.
- Stevens, C.H., Stone, P., and Miller, J.S., 2005, A new reconstruction of the Paleozoic continental margin of southwestern North America: Implications for the nature and timing of continental truncation and the possible role of the MojaveSonora megashear hypothesis: Development, Assesment, and Alternatives, Geological Society of America Special Paper 393, p. 597-618
- Stevens, C.H., and Stone, 2005, Interpretation of the Last Chance thrust, Death Valley region, California, as an Early Permian decollement in a previously undeformed shale basin: Earth Science Reviews, v. 73, p. 79-101.
- Stevens, C.H., Klingman, D.S., Sandberg, C.A., Stone, P., Belasky, P., Poole, F.G., and Snow, J.K., 1996, Mississippian stratigraphic framework of east-central California and southern Nevada with revision of the Upper Devonian and Mississippian stratigraphic units in Inyo County, California: U.S. Geological Survey Bulletin 1988-J, 39 p.